Thursday, May 27, 2010

Insert prayer of my heart early in the morning, and bring forth righteousness throughout the coming day;
"Grant unto me, my Lord,
that with peace in mind I may face all that this new day is to bring.
Grant unto me grace to surrender myself completely to Thy holy will. Instruct and
prepare me in all things for every hour of the day. Whatsoever tidings I may
receive during the day, teach me to accept them calmly, in the firm conviction
that all eventualities fulfill Thy holy will. Govern my thoughts and feelings in
all I do and say. When things unforseen occur, let me not forget that all comes
down from Thee. Teach me to behave sincerely and reasonably toward every member
of my family and all other human beings, that I may not cause confusion and
sorrow to anyone. Bestow upon me, my Lord, strength to endure the fatigue of the
day and to bear my share in all its passing events. Guide my will and teach me
to pray, to believe, to hope, to suffer, to forgive, and to love. Amen. "
It is truly good to bless the Lord. And indeed it is good to restrain our passions, focusing our eyes on Christ once more. Lord, as we celebrate the gift of your Holy Spirit this week, we are also preparing to enter a season of fasting. We remember your command to go into all the world, make disciples of them and baptizing them in the Name of the of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Give us the courage to follow this command, be it at the grocery store, in our neighborhoods, at our churches, in the streets or in our families. Your Holy Spirit empowers us to wisely use our time and efforts for the glory of your kingdom; help us to listen and obey. Have mercy upon us and save us oh Mighty God. May your love shine to all people through us, your servants, Amen.

No comments: