Monday, May 26, 2008

Memories

So, yesterday I was rumaging thru our suitcases, looking for Nathaniel's swimsuit. What I found instead was the kids' bags from Kindergarten in Germany. I had never gone through them since we arrived here, and it set me down memory lane. It seems a lifetime away already, and yet it seems like home still... The kids were SO excited to see the books their teachers made for them. I didn't even realize that they existed. What thoughtful teachers they had!

Ariel was especially excited (even breaking into German songs) over the pictures of her friends at school (including Sebastian!), while Nathaniel was hugging his music book they sent home and was proudly carrying around the card Elias's family made for us.

In the suitcase we also found the picture of Aidan and Ariel together that Aidan had made for her. It now sits on her nightstand so she can see him everyday.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Sebastian's kindergarten book was a lifeline when we first arrived here. And the songbook... Do you know "Alle Kinder dieser Erde"? For ages I couldn't sing it to them without getting all teary.