Monday, September 8, 2008

Hershey Gardens

Today we made a trip to the Hershey Gardens. It was a beautiful day for the visit. We walked around the paths, admired the flowers as one usually does, and then Nathaniel had to use the bathroom. Unlike Europe, where he could have just gone under a tree, my mother-in-law wouldn't let me cross that line. We had told the kids that it's not allowed in America, so I guess I shouldn't have even thought of letting him do it. But anyway, we got to the bathroom, but all of 2 seconds too late. He was just pulling down his britches, when the flow started and it couldn't be helped. Poor boy. Everything was soaked. I was not happy. He was not happy. He wanted to change. I had no clothes for him since I stopped carrying a bag when we moved back to the States. So, I told him the sun was good at drying things out, and back outside we went.

The rest of the time he spent enjoying the children's garden while MawMaw and Great-Grandma went in to the Butterfly House. We had fun, but on the way out he decided he was going to play hide-and-seek, even though I had already told him it wasn't allowed in public places, but only at home. He disappeared for almost five minutes, of which Romona and I hustled down the lanes and yelled at him to get out of the bushes. She found him behind some big trees next to the fence. He thought it was funny. She yelled at him, and then I scolded him, and then he was pouty for awhile again. Good grief. Everything makes him pout. But no matter. It was time to go home for the drop off of Ariel from the school bus. It was a great day despite the few minutes of accidents and worry.

Click to play Hershey Gardens '08

Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox

No comments: