Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Party


Ok, so I am a little behind in the things I was going to write about, but haven't found the time. Let's begin by recapping what happened after I was the decoy.


I had just made arrangements with Monica that I would be showing up at the township building with Lori in 15 minutes. This way, they would all know when to have everyone inside and ready for the surprise. As soon as I hung up the phone with her, Lori called and said she was outside waiting. I was like 'crap'. It's only less than 5 minutes to the building. So, I told Lori I had to do something upstairs, when really I didn't. I just finished cleaning up the kitchen and sat in a chair for a few minutes. After 10 minutes were up, I didn't press my luck any longer and went out to the car. There I found Lori driving her car with Ben, Sara, and Shane packed in the backseat like sardines. They were waiting patiently, nbut I found the need to state what was taking so long, so I said I was just getting something out of my room and then my mom called and was talking.... yadda, yadda, yadda...


Soon we arrived, and Lori just kept talking my ear off. She kept talking while we walked, and we let her be the first through the door. She was trying to tell me something and kept looking back over her shoulder, not really paying much attention, and then she saw the stage full of people, and they shouted, "Surprise!" She looked at them, looked at me and Sara, and then she realized she had been set up. She was really surprised!

The rest of the evening was fun. She was more than busy, so Ariel was a bit put out at not being able to dance with Aunt Lori, but Aunt Pat and I danced with her instead. She wasn't quite satisfied, but what can you do? One can't always have what they want in life.

The cakes turned out great, and the candles I had found were really cool on the cake. 50 candles really lights it up! We all had a fun time. Happy Birthday, Aunt Lori!

No comments: