Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cardinals

So, I had noticed that we have 2 pair of cardinals living in the brush behind our treeline. But, they surprised me the other day when I looked, there was a full fledged flock of them. I think I counted 9 males and each had a female. Then there were a few flying back and forth that I wasn't quite sure what they were 'cause they were a little more jittery than the others. But it does make me so happy to see them. They are winter's most cheerful birdy (in my opinion), and they are more than welcome to stay. I have laid out breadcrumbs along the railing on the deck to encourage them to stay. Today there were 2 pair right next to my glass door, checking out the house. They're gorgeous!

In the photo, you can see 7 pairs, I think. And yes, it is color adjusted so you can see them better. Our grass is really not THAT green! Don't forget that you can click the picture to enlarge it. Can you see the bird in flight? You can just make out its' head, but the rest is a blur that blends into the background.

No comments: