Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas

Happy Birthday Jesus is what Ariel wrote on the back of her beautiful picture she made and had put under the tree with all the gifts for Jesus on Christmas. Isn't she sweet? Well, I never did get any Christmas pictures, so I took one tonight, on this the 7th day of Christmas. The kids were playing so nice together and in such a good mood, and I thought it was a great time to do it. Well, Nathaniel didn't think so at all, as you can certainly tell! He was standing there very much against his will!

We had a great time celebrating Christmas this year. We spent Christmas Eve baking and cleaning, and then going to church. Christmas day was lots of fun with smiling faces and surprises. Even Floyd was more than happy to find a new doggie bed under the tree and his stocking full of raw hide bones.

The kids got a variety of clothes, Legos, snack foods, icons, ornaments, movies, candy, balloons, and Ariel even got a down comforter, which she was very happy about! I got a crockpot (2 in fact), a Belgium waffle maker and some Pringles. I was more than pleased! (It doesn't take much) Dustan got some clothes, the Greek Bible and the Greek New Testament on CD. He was excited over that one! We also were happy to get a wine cellar and we put that to use already. It fits well under the desk in the kitchen.

After the morning's activities, we packed up our bags and the car and went to my in-laws for family funtime. : ) We got to see so many friendly faces and enjoyed being altogether. What a merry Christmas we had!

1 comment:

Flamingo said...

you silly girl! I didn't know you blogged! i will add you to my reader...although my commenting flucuates with my current life organzizational abilities...hoping for a productive 2010!