Saturday, April 17, 2010

Who needs sleep?

It smells like Grandma's house. Every morning this spring I have walked out of my bedroom and into the hall, and that is the frst thought that flashes thru my mind. I don't know why it reminds me of Grandma-- it's not like we have the smells of coffee, hairspray and cremes floating through very often. Maybe it's because we sleep with the windows open at night, and that somehow coming out from the fresh air into the enclosed air somehow traps a timeless, comforting smell of home. Who knows?

But, this being Saturday and I have a busy day ahead of me, I cannot sleep any longer. I woke up about an hour ago, and finally gave it up to sleep anymore. So, I left the room so as to let Dustan sleep in. He deserves it. He's a hard worker and doesn't rest enough.

I have had Ariel's room on my brain for a few days now, working on putting ideas together for decorating it, as I had promised to do so for her 8th birthday that is coming up. We wanted a story book atmosphere, conducive for play-acting, writing and reading books-- an all around fun room. That meant I wanted vintage classic, and she wanted bright, fun patterns and colors. So we are blending the two together. I found this pattern online, which she really likes. I am trying to incorporate other fabrics, something similar to these. I just have to find something local, as the prices are better- so far anyway. Looking at all these patterns makes me wish I was savvy on the sewing machine. Ariel is adorable in about everything she wears, it's just now coming up with appropriate clothing for her age. It can be a hard thing to come by. Maybe I'll just get Aunty Monica to do it for me. Yeah, that's a good plan!

No comments: