Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring is here

Peeking out my window the other night, I saw the beautiful lime green buds pushing their way forth on one of the many maples in the yard. It was a very welcoming sight- one that I'd been anticipating since we moved back here.


The sunset was what had actually caught my eye at first, as I had a direct view of it- diagonally from my window where I sit in an armchair to peruse the internet or read leisurely.



The sun had become a bright orange spot behind the trees, and with it came the deepened blues and hues of pink, lavendar, and salmon. It was not a spectacular showcase as some nights are, but it was a peaceful setting, relaxing and enjoyable- a rhythmic sensation of calm watching the rays slip further away- much like listening to your most loved one's heart beat as you snuggle in close to them- expected and comforting.


I was hard pressed to capture the true colors of dusk, as cameras are sensitive to the light and shadows, compensating too much one way or the other, depending on angle and so forth. Add to that the fact that I have no filters to assist me in attempting to still God's palette selection, and this is the result.

No comments: