Friday, April 11, 2008

We have a problem....

Today I took the kids to the playground after they had a nap. This is usually a precarious decision on my part, because the kids can be even more grumpy than before they went to sleep, and it runs close to dinnertime, so there lies yet another possible problem with getting dinner on the table before all persons in the house freak out.

So, I parked the car and out we went to traipse across the field to play on the playground. Nathaniel raced across, as fast as he could go, whilst Ariel lagged behind. She started fussing at me, and, exasperated, I turned around and asked her what the problem was. She crossed her arms and started sweetly to say, "Mom, there's just one, teensy, weensy, itsy, bitsy little problem here." Then, with a glare, a stomp of a foot and a punch to the ground with her fist, she emphatically declared, "I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE PLAYGROUND!" It was so funny, I couldn't help but laugh at her, and off we went to run and play and enjoy the warm, humid Pennsylvania spring day.

No comments: