Thursday, August 21, 2008

Flabergasted

Yesterday that's what Ariel said she was. I had just gotten on the telephone and she walked in the room and sat down hard on the chair and said, "Mom, I'm flabergasted." She had such a look on her face. You knew she was waiting for a reaction. And she got one alright. It was hysterical! I started cracking up and she was so pleased with herself.

I then asked her if she knew what that means, because you know you should never use words unless you know what they mean. She said (sigh), "It means you just don't know what to think or do. You're just flabergasted." Very good.

And where did she learn this from? I couldn't tell you and she wouldn't say. She is learning new and bigger words everyday from a story book I'm reading to her- things like responsibility, generous, charity, and perserverence but certainly not flabergasted. But adjectives can be so much fun, so why not? These moments are great entertainment!

No comments: