Saturday, August 9, 2008

Lady Hips

We went swimming again the other day at Aunt Lori's house. This time though, Aunt Rebecca had bought the kids swimsuits with the floating devices in them so to help them swim. Or at least not sink. So, I helped Ariel get hers on. The only problem was that while even though it was as open as it would get, it would not budge any higher than her hips.

Then she said to me, "Mom! It's stuck! It's just not going to work. It doesn't fit!"

So I said, "Well it looks like its because your hips are already grown up."

Ariel replied, "Yeah, I have lady hips now!"

So the rest of the day whenever anyone asked her why she wasn't wearing her new suit, she told them it's because she's grown up and has lady hips! It was so funny. But at 6 years old? Good grief. I hope nothing else 'grownup' happens with her for a very long time!

No comments: